The recruitment of volunteers and paid officers who will work with children and vulnerable adults must be considered carefully. Good recruitment practice ensures the appointment of people with the right skills and experience. Prospective appointees should be regarded as job applicants and have a defined role.
The appointment process: prospective appointees should
- Be provided with a job description: Job Description.
- Complete an application form and name two referees, one of which should be from the current employer or previous church: Application Form.
- Expect their referees to be contacted: Child Protection: Request for Reference.
- Complete a Confidential Declaration form: Confidential Declaration
- Have an appropriate interview/discussion: Interview Outcome Format.
- Be sent a letter of confirmation of appointment: Model letter of appointment.
In addition the applicant will have to have a Criminal Record Bureau check. To access the CRB process use the link at the left side of the screen.
If you have any comments or need help contact Simon Payne, Safeguarding Advisor