The Diocese insures all its housing stock with Ecclesiastical Insurance. This provides cover for the fabric of the building only.
The Diocese cannot accept any liability for any damage or loss to the occupier's property no matter how caused, therefore the occupier needs to ensure that they have adequate insurance to cover the household contents and possessions in the event of an incident.
Should the occupier or their family cause any accidental damage to the property which results in an insurance claim having to be made, they will be liable for any policy excess applicable.
The following events are covered under the diocesan insurance policy and if these or any other events should occur please notify the Property Department by email or telephone 01522 50 40 40 as soon as possible.
• Fire, lightning, explosion, earthquake or smoke.
• Storm or flood.
• Subsidence, heave or landslip.
• Riot, civil commotion, labour or political disturbances.
• Vandalism or malicious acts.
• Aircraft, flying object, vehicle, train or animal colliding with the building
• Escape of water.
• Freezing of water
• Theft or attempted theft.
• Breakage or collapse of any satellite dish, TV or radio aerial or security equipment (owned by diocese).
• Falling trees, branches, telegraph poles, lamp posts or pylons.
• Accidental damage.
• Breakage of glass or sanitary ware.
• Damage to the grounds by the emergency services.